Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Moving (Again)

Back in March, I signed up for GoDaddy's QuickBlog. A few weeks later, I moved all my post here. And earlier today I created a Typepad account.

I thought QuickBlog was reasonably user-friendly. But what really, really impressed me was GoDaddy's super excellent support. I tried moving my blog from isabelwang.com to a subdomain and ran into some difficulty. I was able to reach a tech in about 3 seconds. He not only fixed the problem but reminded me that my web hosting account was up for renewal; there's a special promotion that I should take advantage of.

Maybe this doesn't sound like a big deal, but to me it showed that GoDaddy trains its staff well. What the guy did took attention to detail, and the ability to wear multiple hats.

But I stopped using QuickBlog because GoDaddy didn't have the most flexible templates. The layouts I liked didn't support the colors I wanted, and vice versa - and there's no option to customize. Plus, Flickr didn't recognize QuickBlog, and without HTML access there was no way to install Technorati's claim blog script. So, I moved on to Blogger.

My experience here has been great. I LOVE Blogger's interface design. Everything looks pretty and is totally intuitive. And it's free - which is only icing on the cake. I would gladly have paid. But something's missing - GoDaddy had categories and visitor stats, which Blogger doesn't.

So this morning I checked out Typepad. It took a lot longer to set up than Blogger, but has some thoughtful features. For instance, if I have an Amazon Associates ID, and I included lists of books or CDs on my blog, these items would automatically be linked to Amazon under my referral account. I will post a few posts there and see how it goes. Stay tuned...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, thіs paragraph is niсе, my sister is аnalyzing these thіngs,
therefore I аm going to convey hеr.



my web site :: roll off dumpsters
My webpage - dumpster rentals raleigh

7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home